Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Darren and Justin Thesis

Before I talk about Darren's and my belief, I would like to tell you what my sister once told me.. She is always right. in these things... We were having this conversation as I was leading the topic.. Having not to be able to describe the subject with simple words I began to use "special sound effects" like I always do, She laughed so hard then.. She said" My goodness, you're already 17 and you still use sound effects to describe things???..."Isn't that immature of you to do that". I began to fight for myself , I said," no it isnt immature, its just.... normal for us guys to do so... "But MEN dont do that, only boys do...",she said... I refused to let her win this. Its not right... =).. all older brothers will agree with me.. so then i told her.. that even men do that. she said, "no they dont". And I told her I'll prove to her by pointing out whenever a MAN we know does "sound effects".. So as days passed towards sunday morning in church.. We were listening to Pastor preach a message.. HE did the "sound effects"!! after church, later around dinner my uncle and aunt came. As we were having our family conversations.. My uncle did sound effects too!! after pointing out to my sister these two men doing "sound effects" I then refreshed her memory by the times we saw uncle kevin, my dad, my brother and many other MANLY guys do sound effects.. She then said.. "ok ok , you win la.. all guys do that". VICTORY! it feels good to prove something right... But wait.. all guys do sound effects... Just day before yesterday I told Darren all this.. while waiting for the bus.. We were then talking bout the many things guys still do no matter what age they are.. I have an uncle who still loves to play with paper planes and is all nuts about Star Wars. my dad loves to fix army soldiers(he stopped for a while). And a man I know. I wont mention who. still loves to play with toy cars. My goodness.. We, Men does do the things we are not of age to do. hmmm. How come?? I guess there is no clear meaning on why and how come except that we men really know how to live life to the fullest. Our conclusion....MEN NEVER GROW UP.. WOhoO!!

1 comment:

joni lynne said...

good grief, does that make mE a boy/man? haha, i think i will make sound effects in my speech for the rest of my life lar. it's just more efficient, don't you think? and anyway, if you think about it, the malaysian "lah" is technically also just an effect to speech.